Monday, April 2, 2012

Hospital visits

Monday 2nd April 2012
A ewe's priorites
Sheep and lambs kept catching my attention but I resisted spending all day in photography.  I went to visit the coach firm to finalise details of the Deanery Pilgrimage to Canterbury in September.  (We needed to know vehicle dimensions to arrange access to mediaeval sites.)  [See Canterbury Pilgrimage page for further information.]
     I went on to Hexham hospital knowing of three parishioners who were patients there.  Unfortunately the Data Protection Act prevents clergy from getting information from the hospital.  It would be so useful to be able to find out if anyone from my parishes was on the list of in-patients.  Sometimes I've visited one person not knowing that another parishioner was in the next ward.
      As it is, I ask the whereabouts of the three and am directed to three different wards.  Number one was discharged this morning at 11.20, numbers two and three seemed pleased to see me  --  and I was glad to see them.  I had rightly thought that if I tried to see three patients, there was a good  chance  that at least one would be available.
     Home in time for Evening Prayer, stable duties and the making of a quiche to be shared between our supper and my contribution towards tomorrow's lunch at Woodburn for visiting pilgrims.

No comments:

Post a Comment