Tuesday, January 31, 2012

To the crematorium

Tuesday 31st January 2012
Heavenfield
The organist and I set out just before ten to be sure of arriving in time for an 11 o'clock service at Newcaslte Crematorium.  It's not often that I take a service there, as most people choose the personal feel of their local parish church with no time contraints and all the neighbours able to come.  We took the route past Heavenfiled and were in good time.  The main advantage of the crem for me today was that there was a microphone which relayed my feeble voice to the congregation.  Unfortunately I had to decline the family's invitation to go back to the house for refreshments, since I wouldn't have been able to converse with anyone.  However, we have said our formal goodbye to the deceased in a manner that the family felt was right and that fulfilled my responsibility to entrust her to God as she returns to the source of all goodness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment