Monday, January 30, 2012

End of the month

Monday 30th January 2012
For business people the end of the month has financial implications.  For the Church of England clergy still living on stipends there are no profit and loss figures.  We receive a standard amount of money to live on regardless of how much we do.  Along with the tied house that is provided with the appointment, this should take care of material needs and leave us free to give our lives to our parishioners.  For someone like me without lots of expensive children to support, there are no practical worries.  The month is ending very quietly as I have lost my voice.  (Actually I never fully recovered from the late November laryngitis because there was a lot of Christmas work and no Sunday off until yesterday.)  I cancelled a school assembly today but did make a visit to finalise details for Thursday's funeral.

No comments:

Post a Comment