Friday, February 8, 2013

Is this really work?

Friday 8th February 2013
Beside the road to Falstone
With every bend in the road I enjoy a new sight as I make my way up the valley.
Kielder Water on a quiet morning
Is this really work, driving through the kind of countryside that is the holiday destination for other people?
Deadwater Fell in sight
I'll be in good time for Kielder School assembly and can stop for one last photograph on the way.
The North Tyne, looking upstream from Butteryhaugh bridge
The children and headteacher give me a friendly welcome  and I tell the Bible story that was postponed from my last visit when we tackled intereting questions raised by the children.
     After a chat with the School Secretary and the Cook, a visit to the Librarian on duty on Kielder Library Day (Friday) and a quick circuit of the village, I return the nearly twenty miles down the valley to Bellingham to get on with the rest of the day's activities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment