Monday, December 5, 2011

Late for school

Monday 5th December 2011
Snowclouds gathering over Kielder ahead
On my way to take 9 o'clock assembly this morning at Kielder First School, I was delayed by an extremely cautious driver doing 25 miles an hour.  I would have driven at 40 in these conditions, but couldn't risk overtaking.  On a journey of nearly twenty miles that makes quite a difference to the time of arrival.  (Since I couldn't overtake, I stopped to take this picture.)  I was nearly ten minutes late but received a friendly welcome as always.
       The children opened windows on my Advent Calendar which told them the story of Mary and Joseph making their way to Bethlehem for the birth of Jesus.  I then lit two candles on the Advent Ring, praying that the flames might remind us of God's love and peace.
        By the time I set out back down the valley, the sun was coming out.

I visited a Churchwarden with whom I discussed a forthcoming Carol Service, plumbing problems in one of the few churches which has a water supply, fund-raising and other matters.  At the Rectory a family came to prepare for the baptism of two children.  The evening was devoted to finalising the description of these parishes with the Archdeacon so that we can move towards appointing a new Team Vicar to join us in North Tyne and Redesdale.

No comments:

Post a Comment