Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank you!

Sunday 9th October 2011     
           Thank you to the soup-and-sandwich makers of Byrness who provided a Harvest lunch in the village hall, partly created from the vegetables that had decorated St Francis church for Harvest Festival.
 Thank you to the congregation at Thorneyburn who later provided my supper in the informal Harvest Thanksgiving service which ended with our St Aidan's soup swap: bring a flask of soup and drink other people's creations, accompanied by bread made by the Churchwarden and innumerable cheeses chosen by his wife
.



   Decorations in church ranged from traditional flower arrangements



to play-dough vegetables made by the children at St Aidan's Club

Thank you to the photographers!  Not only was I fed four different kinds of harvest soup during the day, but when I left my camera in the car at Byrness and then found that the battery had gone at Thorneyburn, other people took photographs for me or lent me a camera.
Thank you next to Greenhaugh School for changing the time of the impending Harvest Service, to the Team clergy and reader for postponing the staff meeting and to the friend who volunteered (during the Thorneyburn soup swap) to look after my horse this week.  Together they have made it possible for me to go into retreat tomorrow.  No more blogging until I emerge.
P.S.  Thank you to God  --  to whom Harvest Thanksgiving is generally addressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment