Sunday, February 1, 2015

Odd journeys

Monday 26th January 2015
 
I just managed to get the horse exercised and return past the road-scraping machinery before the road was completely closed (somewhat to Molly's concern).  In the absence of my car (currently in intensive care), I caught the bus that should have taken me to Hexham railway station.  However...
 

...the bus stopped amongst stationary traffic and flashing hazard lights to pick up a stray dog which nobody else could catch.  Luckily the bus driver was good with dogs and I had in my pockets dog biscuits and baler twine.  So we put it on an improvised lead and I took charge of it to the end of the route, where the driver parked the bus and proceeded to the nearby vets who would look for a microchip to find its owner.  (I then caught another bus instead of a train.)


No comments:

Post a Comment