Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Perfect autumn

Tuesday 18th September 2012
A quick ride on the fell before going off to take a school assembly

A fairly large intake of school starters in the reception class looked  uncertain about what was happening.  So I introduced myself and tried to work out which of them I knew already.  Some of them did know me: one little girl said "You've been to my house."  "Where's that?...Where do you live?"  "At the farm." (Oh dear, not precise enough for me.)  Luckily she gave me her parents' Christian names when I asked "Who are your mummy and daddy?" and I exclaimed "Ah.  Are you Anna?"     Then a boy piped up: "You know me: I'm Owen"  --  which was very helpful  --  and a confident child then started to name all the others in the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment