Sunday, August 26, 2012

Breathing space

Sunday 26th August 2012
The people who don't believe I exist except on the days when they see me in public think that Sunday is my "busy day".  Actually yesterday was so busy (like most Saturdays) that I didn't have time to write about it when I drooped upstairs from my study at about half past midnight.  This morning I put a casserole for lunch in a slow oven before setting out at 8.15 to unlock St Cuthbert's Bellingham, deliver Harvest Supper tickets and fliers to the Roman Catholic church and the Methodist/United Reformed Church, collect newly printed parish magazines from a parishioner for distribution in Redesdale and get to Holy Trinity church, Horsley for the  9 o'clock  service.  After that I dropped a bundle of magazines off at Otterburn before the 11 o'clock service at St Cuthbert's Corsenside (where some visitors from Suffolk asked after Molly's foot, having followed the blog) and was home at 12.45 when the day became very slow-paced.  Plenty of time for tidying up before going to attend a quiet evening service at Falstone, checking the horse and continuing the sorting out after the Bellingham Show (about which I will probably write a little tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment