Friday, February 10, 2012

On our travels

Friday 10th February 2012
    I drove up the valley of the River North Tyne to Kielder School where I had promised to show them a picture of the River Jordan.  [See below.]

River Jordan (in May 2000)
      When I last took assembly at Kielder First School I spoke of Jesus' being baptised in the River Jordan and was asked whether it was a real place.  Yes it is, and what's more I've been there.  So today I went (complete with suitcase, passport and straw hat) to tell the children a little about what we saw in the Holy Land and to show them a few photographs of Bethlehem, Nazareth and the River Jordan  --  where some of my fellow pilgrims had filled plastic bottles with water to bring back to England.  I have one of these bottles with Hebrew lettering on the side, which we compared with the writing in the Hebrew Bible.

       Then it was back down the valley, through Bellingham and on south to a meeting over lunch in Corbridge and planning for some summer events.  Up again to Wark to another meeting there, this time on the developing of the Deanery DVD.  So on up to Bellingham, to Evening Prayer in church and then a call from a future PCC secretary who came to collect the necessary papers.
        I must return to my desk and check the draft of the funeral order of service.

No comments:

Post a Comment