Friday, September 19, 2014

Better Together

Friday 19th September 2014
After bed late and a quick morning check on the internet, I reported to my husband "It's Better Together". "What a relief!" he said, as I set out for Morning Prayer.
     My parishes are bordered by miles of forest stretching to Cumbria on one side and by Scotland where two of our schools go for swimming lessons and where various parishioners (in Kielder and Byrness, for instance) go for the doctor, the vet and their nearest facilities of all kinds  --  which are nearer to them than Bellingham where I live.  The rest of Northumberland lies to the south east of these parishes of North Tyne and Redesdale.  In private life, Edinburgh is the only city that we visit when we have time off  --  like many of our neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment